Friday, April 24, 2009

Blessed to be a mother



We did not like children.

When we got married, we thought a dog would be a much better idea.

We find children messy, dirty and noisy. We've heard that they suck your life out of you and are demanding little brats. They are expensive to keep and grow up to be ingrates (this we heard from our parents). Worst, have you heard what pregnancy will do to your looks?

So we did not want to have children.

When I first conceived in 1999 accidentally, and lost the baby 5 weeks later, I was devastated regardless. Miscarriages? I have heard about these things that happen to others, but it is not supposed to happen to me. After that first incident, it was so that there were 2 others, one before each child was born.

What does God say about miscarriages?



Matthew 18:14
So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

So I know that my miscarriages are not doings of God. And I know from Proverbs 6:31 that


But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance
of his house.
So I now that also, that my 3 living children, are blessed with sevenfold blessings over other children.

We are now blessed with 3 healthy, happy children. What the world say about children, we realised, is completely untrue. I am very happy to be a mother, and cannot imagine a world without mine. So what does the bible say about children? (see
http://ministry-to-children.com/bible-verses-about-children/)


Children Are A Gift
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.(Psalms 127:3-5)
And see here, what the bible says about child birth:


John 16:21
When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

The bible is so true.

Being a mother also makes you think more about your relationship with your own mother, and for me, my mother-in-grace as well. I lived for about 20 years with my mother and for about 11 years with my mother-in-grace.

I
was curious to know about what the bible says about motherhood, so I googled and found these verses at http://www.mothersdayworld.com/mothers-day-quotes/bible-verses-on-mother.html. Since Mother's Day is just around the corner, I would like to dedidate these verses to my mother, and my mother-in-grace. Without whom none of my angel babies will exist.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MOTHER

Mother is adored in each part of the universe. Even the Lord give due respect to the mother. The great epic 'Bible' also throws light on the place of mother in the
life of a human being. What 'Bible' says about mother is...

Gen 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
Exo 20:12"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long
in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Lev 19:3 "Each of you must respect his mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.

Deu 5:16 "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with
you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Prov 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.

Isa 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

Ezek 16:44"Everyone who quotes proverbs will quote this proverb about you: "Like mother, like daughter."

So, I am happy, and feel so blessed, to be a proud mother of 3.




No comments:

Post a Comment