Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our first family crisis

We had never had to work together as a family the way we did last Sunday.

We decided to check out the brand new shopping mall, the ION at Orchard Road. While we were window shopping, Khloe was a bit cranky. Thinking that she may be hungry, I made milk for her and fed her sitting on a bench in the atrium, while Kenneth brought Karl to the toilet. While feeding her, she suddenly sat up and throw up all over me!

I was caught in shock and embarrassment as this has never happened to me before. I had to bear with the stare of curious on-lookers, try to pacific a wailing baby, and both of us covered in puke. Keith quickly gave Kenneth a call and Dad came running to help with lots of tissue paper.

For some strange reason, the toilets are located 2 floors up from the ground floor. Thank God for the wonderful toilet facilities at the ION. We went into a 'family' toilet meant for little kids. There, we cleaned up Khloe and as this was meant to be a short trip, we didn't bring any spare clothes for her. Luckily, we had brought along a little sweater for her, so she was fine in her diapers and sweater.

It was a bit harder to clean me up. I was at my wits end and did not know what to do. I thought of asking Kenneth to buy some clothes for me, only if we were not in such an upmarket mall where only the top brands are here. Suddenly, an idea struck!

I asked Keith to give me his clothes, which he obediently gave. And I asked Karl to give his clothes to Keith, which he obediently gave too. Now we are left with an almost naked Karl. We packed him into the pram and pulled won the cover so he cannot be seen from outside.

Bless these little boys for being so helpful. I was really pleased that we all work together as a family to resolve this little crisis. We quickly got everyone packed into our car and got home as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment